NEED SOME MOTIVATION? MUST READS.

Happy Friday!

Today I will share some books that have helped me on my financial journey. These books have helped broaden my knowledge on assets, saving habits and balancing a fun lifestyle that allows for some spending. Below, I give a brief description of three very unique books that I've read in the past year.

 1)  The Generational Book
"Rich dad Poor Dad"
R. Kiyosaki

Rich dad, Poor dad was the first book that inspired me to take the next steps on saving for my future house. I read this book last year when my coworker recommended I give it a read after discussing student loan payments. In this book, Kiyosaki gives insight on the importance of having assets and securing generational wealth. Check this book out if your looking to grow your money and turn nothing into long lasting wealth. Kiyosaki teaches readers that it doesn't matter how poor you begin, you can create a lifetime of wealth and financial freedom. 

 

2) The Beginner Book
"Personal Finance in Your 20's for dummies"

E.Tyson

This book is perfect for individuals who are just beginning and need some insight on personal finance. This book teaches you a lot about budgeting, loans and different types of debts that we accumulate in life. Though I enjoyed reading this book, I already knew most of the information. I wish I read this book years ago to help me begin my financial journey and truly understand how to manage, invest and budget my money. This book is perfect for all of you new to the personal finance game! 


3) The Motivational Book
"Your Money or Your Life"

V.Robin

This book will get you motivated! Transforming the way you see and understand money. This book will help you gain an understanding of what your financial freedom looks like. Everyone's financial situation will look different but it is important to develop a relationship with your money and your financial goals. This book will help you do just that! If you want to understand your own habits, goals and journey this is a must read. I love reading books like this when I have a bad saving month or get lost in purchasing things that I might not need. It's important to remember that your financial journey does not end with those set backs. This book will push you through those set backs and get you motivated again!

Please leave a comment below with what books have helped you shape your financial goals.

My next blog will be my most personal to date. I will talk about my next big purchase/asset, how I'm saving to get there and where I plan to invest.

-Coll