WHY GETTING A SIDE HUSTLE MIGHT SOLVE YOUR FINANCIAL PROBLEMS.

THE SIDE HUSTLE..
Image result for side hustle
Happy Friday y'all! 

By popular demand I am going to talk about the pros of having a side hustle. Growing up I always told myself that I would never work a weekend after I dive into my career. I've always wanted to have one job so I could rest and enjoy friends and family on the weekend. I've realized when I started paying real bills that sometimes your full time job can't do it all. A side hustle can be your part time job you work on the weekend, your own side business doing hair, or your own blog; whatever you do outside of your full time work to make extra coins.

Having a second part time gig or entrepreneurial pastime will make a significant difference in the way you live your life. I don't think this should be a forever thing but for those in your 20's who still have energy, bills to pay or that house to purchase or just have some extra time on their hands; think about the possibilities. 

1) Connections 
For all of you who see that part time job that you love on LinkedIn but don't apply because you know you need a full time job to pay your bills. If they can work around your full time job, you better go ahead and apply. As many of you know, making connections and networking is the key to getting by in this era. You need to get your name out there, and a lot of great networking position or creative jobs are part time. For me working in the Non-Profit/ Social justice field there isn't much funding for employment. You are going to have to work that part time position on the weekend in order to grow your name, build your resume and get a job that pays more money! Getting that full time high paying job takes a side hustle.

2) Extra Money 
Many people think, okay working that part time job once a week will not make a difference in your financial journey. I'll share a personal experience of mine to help change your mind on that. When I worked my part time job every Saturday for 6-8 hours at $25.00 an hour, I was going home with $150-$200 every week. I did this twice a month which put me up $300-$400 dollars each month. This covered my phone bill, car insurance and gym membership for the month. This allowed me to save almost double of what I was saving before getting a part time job. Yes, some weekends I was tired but was it worth it to have my bills paid and see my bank account grow? YES YES and YES.

3) Productivity 
For all you trouble makers, spend time being productive. Time is money! You will learn so many different things about yourself, the people in your life and your goals when you are busy being productive. This is the time to do it! By pursuing that side hustle, enviably you will be busier. This will keep you out of trouble and will shift your mindset towards your goals! You will also realize who you truly care about because you will always make time for the ones you love the most.

4) Creativity 
I might be speaking for myself but a lot of people work a very repetitive and boring job during the day. I know for myself, my job is extremely repetitive and exhausting a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong I love my job most days but I crave areas of creativity that my job does not allow for. This blog allows me to speak my mind, be creative, think more and collaborate with different types of people. I think having a side hustle that you enjoy or is benefiting you in some capacity truly helps you make money and feed that craving for creativity that you might not get in your daily work. 

5) Character 
Finally the most important pro of having a part time gig is the character it builds. It makes you mentally tough because of how draining it may be to work more than 5 days in a week. It builds your financial mindset because it forces you to save the extra money you are receiving. It keeps you accountable and really makes you want to save because of the extra hard work you are putting in.

If you have the opportunity to work that extra gig do it! Save your money!

Build an empire now and relax for the rest of your life. 

I hope this helps you in your journey, if you want to learn more click the link below!

Click this link to learn more about having a side hustle!