5 THINGS I LEARNED BEFORE TURNING 25! QUARTER OF A CENTURY.


Happy Friday Lovers and Friends 🧡

I recently turned 25 (shoutout to all the Aries). Especially being in quarantine I had some time to think about this quarter of my life.

So today I've decided to write about the top 5 things I learned before turning 25. I hope whether you are younger or older than me you take these tips and can apply them to your life.

Enjoy,

1) The Importance of Accepting Change

- I've learned that we need to be open to change in all areas of life. Whether that means seeing change in your body, relationships, career, income etc. Life happens and in order to create a better future, you will have to accept what life throws at you. It's not always about planning every single moment, the world is always changing and evolving and so are you. 

2) The Importance of having Healthy Relationships
- Growing up I used to be sad when I would lose friends to drug, boys, travel and even in circumstances where we just naturally grew apart. As hard as it seems, It is important to erase toxic, unhealthy relationships you hold onto because of time and history.
- Some investments fail, just like some long lasting relationships fail. It's all apart of the process and it's important to thank god and place value on all the healthy relationships you have on a daily basis.

3) The Importance of Saving and Investing
- I used to live pay cheque to pay cheque, with no stress and no worry in the world. But as you graduate, start working full time and want to do more than just buy nice things and live in your parents house. You realize that saving and investing your money is the most challenging but most rewarding plan to have. 
- I have learned that in order to generate things like generational wealth and maintain a stable lifestyle you must save all that you can and invest where you see potential. Continue to grow your legacy, your money and your brand. 

4) The Importance of Eating Healthy and Staying Active 
- Coming from a high performance background and then quitting sports after training at such a high level made me think about the impact of exercise in my life.
- I continued to work out and eat healthy post high level sports and found that in life we need to stay healthy, motivated and active in order to be at our best whether that means meeting fitness goals, being able to play with your children and continuing to live a long time. Today, my fitness goals are beyond making a team or winning a championship. I work out and eat healthy to live long, feel strong and stay motivated in all that I do.

5) The Importance of Believing in Yourself 
- This is most important thing I've learned throughout this quarter of my life. I would be lying if I said I never believed in myself. But, I have questioned my abilities which always set me back. When I started thinking positive I started surprising myself. I made Team Canada, I got into my masters program, I got a job in my field, I paid off my debt (the list goes on).
- When you believe in yourself, you can then create a plan and things begin to feel so attainable. It's critical that we always push ourselves to stay positive, believe in our talents and skills and work towards being the best version we can be.

Have a blessed day!