WHAT I SPEND IN A WEEK (25 YEAR OLD ON A BUDGET) 💰

Happy Friday Y'all!

Today I chose to give you guys the inside scoop on how I manage to save money and live a pretty good entertaining life.

Here's a list of categories, how much I spend and a little bit about my logic behind the spend. Due to all that is currently happening, this spending list is a reflection of my spending of the last week of each month (before quarantine).

I chose the last week of a month because that's when all my bills hit my account, also note that i am spending 10% of this list currently as I am blessed to work from home most days. I hope this list guides you in your spending/saving journey.

Enjoy, 

*WARNING* These are my main areas of spending, obviously varies depending on the time of year. But these are the most consistent costs in my life.

Commute:
Gas- $85/ per week
Subway Parking- $35/per week
Transit costs- $30/per week

Total: $150 on transportation a week

Entertainment:
I have a low entertainment cost because I limit myself to one or two nights out per month. On a week where I go out for dinner or to the club with friends I spent approx. $20- $50.

Approx. $35/per month totaling $35 divided by 4 weeks of the month.

Total: $8.75/ per week 

Food:
Luckily, living at home I don't spend too much on groceries. I tend to spend approx. $100/month on groceries mainly on produce ($25/per week).

In terms of eating out, I count that in the entertainment category but treat myself to one coffee a week at Tim Hortons (Approx. $2/per week)

Total: $27/per week on food


Hygiene Products: 
I wont go into detail with what is being bought (the girls know) but I probably spend $30/ month on hygiene products.

Total: $7.50/per week

Bills: 
Car Insurance: $170/month
Phone Bill: $50/month

Totals: $50/per week

Rent: 
$00000000 (thankfully) for now. Once I've completed paying off OSAP I will take on some bills around the house... sadly.

Saving:
In a month, I save $1500 towards OSAP and around $500 towards travel/emergency savings.

Total: $500/per week on savings 

Shopping:
$000000 Yes, I do not shop unless it's my birthday, vacation or a special occasion. I do have one offs when a clothing item is damaged but honestly I probably shop twice a year.


TOTAL WEEK EXPENDITURE: $743.25/per week.