TOP 5 THINGS I'VE SPENT MONEY ON THIS SUMMER!

Happy Friday!

Before you read this blog, help me get to 10k views by sharing this post! Thank you in advance for the support.  One of my goals this year is to reach 10k views by the end of July- I'm about 300 views away and I have a few days to go!

Today, I will be discussing what I've been spending my money on this month. As many of you know, I took a few weeks off saving after completing my last savings goal. Here are the main things I've been spending on lately.

Enjoy!

1. BLM Initiatives

During this time it's important to give back to your community. As a social justice advocate and as a member of the black community, it's my duty to give back and support the challenges and forces of inequality my community faces. I have shown my support by donating (which is not mandatory). Donate if you have the means, when I was paying off OSAP last month, I did not have the means. But now that I have the money I am prioritizing the black community and initiatives that support a cause dear to my heart. 

Please support if you can: 

Black Lives Matter Support

2. Clothing


I've been investing in a lot of casual clothing such as sweatpants. It's evident that we will quarantine for longer than we expected. While I work from home, I want to feel confident, comfortable and be ready to tackle the day. 

Here is a black owned business i recently shopped at:

Sorella Boutique- Heather Sanders


3. Getaways


Due to COVID I've cancelled 3 trips this year, very disappointing but also helped me save a lot of money. I feel the need to get away all the time, hence why a lot of my friends and family have booked cottages in different isolated cities around Ontario. This helps us maintain social distancing and get away to relax by the water with close friends and family. 

Here is where I find local cottages: 

Use my Code and Book a Home

4. Food

Take out! I've been ordering out this month mainly because I restricted my eating out for the last year so I'm truly rewarding myself now that I have the extra money. I have tried some new restaurants and have met up with close friends to enjoy some isolated patios. 

Use my code when you order something new: 

eats-colleeni52ue 

5. Gym Equipment 


Gyms are opening up! But I'm not going back haha. For various reasons such as saving money, staying away from sick people but mainly because I've realized I do not need the gym to stay motivated and keep grinding. I have many years of experience in the gym as a high performance athlete and now that I'm looking at buying a home, I'm finally building a home gym!


Check out one of the sites I've been ordering from:
Canadian Tire