40th BLOG POST: HOW TO START YOUR OWN ONLINE BUSINESSSSSS

 

Happy Friday! 



Some people have been asking how to start a blog, website and/or personal business online. I thought I'd share a few tips on how I got started and what major areas you must tackle before bringing your brand online. 

Hope this helps!

1) PREPARE PIECES
- Prep your content, whatever you are launching online must come with some preparation. Prior to launching my blog, I had over 10 blogs ready to go. For weeks I lacked motivation but mainly for times when I was busy with promoting, getting inspired and focusing on other aspects of my blog. It's good to prep at least a month of content so you aren't super overwhelmed when you launch. 

2) PICK A DOMAIN
- This is a crucial part of your launch, you want to pick a good domain to host your website. Everyone will have different needs and wants when it comes to choosing a domain, so you really have to do your research. Some popular hosts include square space and blog spot, remember to explore their tools, monetizing opportunities and design qualities. 

3) TEST RUN
- Host a pre launch, pre order, pilot or introduction blog post. Allow for feedback and time to see who your viewers/buyers are. This gives you time to make changes and adjustments based on your pre launch stats. 

4) MARKET AND PROMOTE
- Promote your site, whether that means creating an email list or a Instagram post. Work on getting your brand out there for new people to follow. I started getting over 100 more views once I created an Instagram page for my blog. 

5) BE CONSISTENT 
- Create a schedule, if you launch new pieces of your product every two months make it known. If you are posting a blog every Friday make sure your viewers know this and make sure you promote that, so viewers tune in consistently. 

Good luck!

-Coll