* WHAT I SPEND IN A WEEK AS A 25 YEAR OLD SAVING FOR A HOME💲💵

 WHAT I SPEND IN A WEEK: 


Happy Friday :) 

I wanted to share an updated what I spend in a week as a 25 year old saving for a home! 

A few things have changed from saving for student loans to saving for a home. 

Enjoy!

*WARNING* These are my main areas of spending, obviously varies depending on the time of year, bills that come up throughout the month and unexpected purchases. 

I try not to budget to the last dollar, so if my total spending is $200 and saving is $400 I usually still have another $500 floating around for surprises.

Commute:
Thanks to COVID I've been able to work from home 3-4 days a week for the last 7 months which has helped save so much more money. I actually was able to pay off my student loans a month earlier because I didn't have to commute to work!
Gas- $40/ per week

Total: $40 on transportation a week


Entertainment:
COVID has also impacted my entertainment costs because we cant go out as much! Prior to COVID i would limit myself to 1-2 outings a month. Now, I go out at maximum once a month. 

On a week where I go out for dinner or hang out with friends I spend approx $20-$40.
Approx. $30/per month totalling $30 divided by 4 weeks of the month.

Total: $7.50/ per week 

Food:
My grocery costs has increased due to COVID. Food goes by so much faster when you are working from home. I currently spend about $150 per month.
In terms of eating out, I count that in the entertainment category.

Total: $37.50/per week on food


Hygiene Products: 
I wont go into detail with what is being bought (the girls know) but I probably spend $30/ month on hygiene products.

Total: $7.50/per week

Bills: 
Car Insurance: $180/month
Phone Bill: $55/month

Totals: $58.75/per week

Rent: 
Luckily, i still live at home and don't have to pay rent!

Intentional Saving:
In a month, I save about $1500 towards my down payment for my future home and around $500 towards emergency savings.

Total: $500/per week on savings 

Shopping:
Approx. $20 a month, especially because the season is changing I've had to pick up some new basics.

Total: $5/per week 


TOTAL WEEK EXPENDITURE: $656.25/per week.