4 UNPOPULAR WAYS I PAID OFF MY STUDENT DEBT IN ONE YEAR!


Happy Friday! 

Today's blog will be a short one but an interesting one. 

Here are some unpopular tips/ways I paid off my student debt in a year. This is obviously by choice, but these streams of income really helped push me forward when paying off all the debt I had. 

1) Tax Returns

-Not everyone gets a tax return, but I got a huge tax return when I graduated university. This is for various reasons such as being a student or working part time. Regardless, when I received X amount of dollars every penny went to my osap payment! This stream of money decreased my debt by more than $1,000. 

2) Birthday Money

-Every year for my birthday I ask family and friends to pay for one of my bills- usually under $100. But the year I planned to pay off Osap those funds went directly to my Osap payment, which pulled my Osap payment down about $1,000 as well. 

3) Working Part-time

- Last year I worked part time for 6 months to help pay off my student debt. Again, every dollar went straight to my monthly Osap payments and helped me reach my goal of paying off Osap in one year. 

4) Spending my vacation time at home

- This unpopular saving tip really helped me in the last month of payments. I had about $2,000 left to pay and decided to take all 3 weeks of vacation time, stay home, spending $0 and put all the money made from those 3 weeks towards my last payment! This was super painful but rewarding and worth it all!

Hope this helps,