OCTOBER BLOG: Saving for a New Car (Best ways to Save for a Car)

 Happy Monday! 



I’m starting a new savings journey, we have finally completed all our payments for our first home!

Six very long, bank account demolishing months and we’re done!

My close friends and family know that my car is on it's last few miles. 

I think it’s time to purchase a new car; well it’s by force because I live outside of the city and need a car to travel into work. 

I know I have the option of financing a car but since purchasing a new home and having a future mortgage, utilities, insurance costs to think about I prefer to stay away from any added payments/costs. 

My Savings Goal: $20,000 in the nine months. 

Timeframe: November 1st 2021- July 1st 2022 (9 months) 

Monthly Savings: $2,222 

I'll be updating you all via Instagram on how saving is going and if requested I'll post a blog when I hit my goal! 

Are you looking for best ways to save for a car? If so, here are some tips!

1. Figure out how much you can afford spend 

  • this will help you understand how long it will take you to save for your car)

2. Determine what kind of car you want to buy

  • this will help you get an idea of what car works best for your budget

3. Decide if you want a new or used vehicle 

  • This will influence how long your car will last, and will determine how much money you will need to save)

4. Calculate the true costs of owning a car 

  • This will ensure you can afford your car payments, insurance gas and more. 


Hope this helps!